When your Enrolpay portal says "Employee has not been assigned an Auto Enrolment pension scheme and is currently eligible to receive one" it means either of the following:
- You have reached your Pension Auto Enrolment Staging date/Deferral date and the system having assessed your payroll for the current period, has found you have employee/s who are eligible to join a scheme.
- An employee has become eligible to join your existing Auto Enrolment pension scheme set up on Enrolpay.
Here is what you need to do:
You have reached your Pension Auto Enrolment Staging date/Deferral date and the system having assessed your payroll for the current period, has found you have employees who are eligible to join a scheme.
- If you wish Enrolpay to monitor your Auto Enrolment (AE) needs then you can use the EnrolPay Auto Enrolment (AE) Pensions module, whose functionality enables you as the employer to adhere to the Pension Regulator requirements & with the system calculating the correct Employee & Employer pension contributions each period which will be reflected on the employee payslip. It costs only £5.00 + VAT per month for Small Payroll Users with 4 or less employees or £10.00 + VAT per month for between 5 and 9 employees and can easily be done by upgrading to our Assisted Service, details of which can be seen here - Small Payroll Service Grid. You can do this using the upgrade button on the top right hand corner of your portal or making a request from your Enrolpay support agent. However you will need to have signed up your organisation with the Pension Provider of your choice before you can do the upgrade.
- If, however, you decide you do not wish to add the AE functionality onto your small payroll portal you will need to manage your pension commitments yourself - please review the below link to ensure you have everything in place to eradicate any potential issues or pitfalls before they affect your next live payroll period https://www.thepensionsregulator.gov.uk/en/employers. For this option whereby you have decided to manage your pension scheme yourself, EnrolPay will need to be advised of this decision which needs to be made in writing to the following email address email@example.com using the template below.
- On the template there are two options and you must select only one - the first tells us that you do not wish to show either Employee or Employer pension contributions on the payslip whilst the second tells us you do want to show Employee and Employer pension contributions on payslips. If you select the first option then we will remove all pension functionality from your portal. If you choose the second option we will add functionality to your portal which will allow you to manually enter a non calculated Employee & Employer pension amount to your employee payslips. For this you will need to let us know whether the employee contributions should be deducted from gross pay (commonly known as a ‘net pay arrangement’) or net pay (commonly known as ‘relief at source arrangement’) so we can set up the correct type of scheme. Make sure you check this with your pension provider before requesting us to create the corresponding gross or net pension contributions type on your portal as we cannot be responsible for incorrect pension deductions. We also require the name of your pension provider. Each pay period you will need to manually calculate the pension contributions & enter them into the open pay run each period before it is completed. It is vital the correct information be entered as once a period is closed the only way to correct these errors is to request a rollback on the system which is chargeable at £10.00 + VAT per employee, per pay period. PLEASE NOTE YOU WILL BE FULLY RESPONSIBLE IN BOTH INSTANCES FOR COMPLYING TO THE PENSION REGULATORS REQUIREMENTS.
I have decided not to add the auto-enrolment (AE) module to the portal for COMPANY NAME HERE.
I am aware that by not using the EnrolPay AE Module to assess and enrol my workforce into a qualifying AE scheme it is my sole responsibility to ensure all my Pension Regulator employer responsibilities/duties are met and if a breach of legislation was to occur at any point I would, therefore, bear sole responsibility for any penalties or charges the Pensions Regulator may deem fit to apply to my company.
Select one of the following:
I do not wish to enable a non-calculated pension type to reflect Employee and Employer pension contribution.
I do wish to enable a non-calculated pension type to reflect Employee and Employer pension contribution . I would like this to be a Gross Pay Scheme - where the contributions are taken before tax/ I would like this a Net Pay Scheme where the contributions are taken after tax. (Delete as applicable)
I am aware that if I do not add the Enrolpay AE module to the portal for COMPANY NAME HERE it is my sole responsibility to ensure I keep up to date with any future legislative changes and comply with AE legislation as I will not be automatically notified of any such changes by EnrolPay Ltd.
An employee has become eligible to join your existing Auto Enrolment pension scheme set up on Enrolpay.
This means that Enrolpay has done the Auto Enrolment Pension Assessment for that period and existing employee/s have become eligible to join the Auto Enrolment pension scheme that you have set up on your portal. To enrol the employee/s into your scheme do the following:
- Select the Current Open Payrun
- Select Auto Enrol Employees
- Select the Pension Scheme name from the drop down
- Select Apply at the bottom of the page
- Check the pay summary shows pension contributions